But let’s imagine for a moment you’ve taken the plunge and decided to blog. What should your company’s blog be about? Here are several options:
- Write about your Culture: This is what the folks who write the Zappos blog do. They blog about what’s going on at the company, giving insight into what it’s like to work there. It’s a great way to humanize your company in a world of faceless corporations.
- Write about your Work: The Adaptive Path blog is a good example of writing about the work you’re doing. It’s a great way to learn tips & techniques but also see how AP does work, in case you’re considering hiring them.
- Write about your Interests: My friend Liz Danzico writes one of the best blogs going: Bobulate, an amazing curation of interesting posts on design, architecture, and writing. Her blog serves as a nice segue into the information architecture and UX work she does for clients.
- Write about your customer’s problems: This is what this blog post is about…taking on a common marketing problem that small businesses have…figuring out what their blog should be about. (kinda meta, I know)
- Write on a Specific Subject: Over at Daring Fireball John Gruber writes about all things Apple. His singular focus has turned him into one of the few actual authorities on one of the most speculative subjects on the planet.
Vor allem sollte ein Corporate Blog auch persönlich sein, das heißt transparent was Betreiber und Autoen angeht. Die persönliche Note kann in einem About oder der Sidebar untergebracht werden, nicht in den Artikeln.